Attorney Robin B. Rose Buxton represents clients from Townsend, Massachusetts in divorce and family law matters. Below is information about the community of Townsend:
About Townsend: Townsend was first settled in 1676 and was officially incorporated as a town in 1732. It was named after Charles Townshend, an English secretary of state and an opponent of the Tories.
The town sits on the northern edge of Middlesex County in Massachusetts, bordering the communities of Brookline and Mason in New Hampshire. In Massachusetts, Townsend is located next to Pepperell, Groton, Shirley, Lunenberg and Ashby.
The Townsend Common is the community’s gathering place and a historic site with ties to the American Revolution. When the British marched into Concord on April 19, 1775, a cannon was fired on the Townsend Common. In response, 73 men from Townsend marched into Concord to join the fighting. They returned three weeks later, after learning the British had gathered in Townsend.
Schools, Libraries and Courthouses:
- Townsend has 33 square miles and 9,000 residents at the last census.
- Townsend belongs to the North Middlesex Regional School District.
- Townsend Memorial Town Hall is located at 272 Main Street.
- District Court. The community is served by the Ayer District Court, which is located at 25 E Main St. in Ayer. The courthouse also serves residents of Ashby, Ayer, Boxborough, Dunstable, Groton, Littleton, Pepperell, Shirley, Townsend, Westford and the Devens Regional Enterprise Zone.
- Superior Court. Middlesex County Superior Court meets at 200 Trade Center, 2nd Floor in Woburn, Massachusetts.
- Family Court. Townsend is served by the Middlesex Probate and Family Court, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Townsend Public Library is located at 12 Dudley Road.
- Townsend Police Department can be found at 70 Brookline Street.
- Townsend Fire Department is based at 272 Main Street.
About Attorney Robin B. Rose Buxton
These local resources are provided by the Law Office of Robin B. Rose Buxton. Attorney Robin B. Rose Buxton is a Pepperell divorce and family law lawyer. Consulting an experienced family law attorney is essential if you are considering a major life change, such as divorce, separation or adoption. If you have questions, we invite you to consult Attorney Buxton at 978-650-1120 or send her a message on our law firm contact form.